20071118

projecting/reflecting

So this is a pretty big series for me. I usually don't work with one idea for this long, and I was only really working on this for a month or so. These images were made by projecting images into water and rephotographing them. The projected image moves as ripples are created in the water, and a longer exposure make for the blurriness and lack of information in places.

I wrote a statement for this. It's both really long and kind of unnecessary. Essentially, What i'm getting at is the infalliablity of human memory and the way it relates to my personal experience with family history. while trying to keep in mind that the self is constructed and not essential. The religious connotation makes this series funny to me. You can laugh at the seagulls if you want to.










2 comments:

Kelly Brooke Seagraves said...

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Lauren Rae Holtermann said...

The seagulls are only funny because they're flying majestically over a 30 year old soapdish. But funny nonetheless. Hey! I like the idea behind this project too! This is awesome! I feel like I'm seeing these for the first time now.